[darcs-users] idea: darcs record multi-patch mode

Jamie Webb j at jmawebb.cjb.net
Sat Mar 12 15:24:59 UTC 2005

On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 02:54:35PM +0000, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> Here's a common workflow I have, and "screenshot" of a way in which
> darcs could help with it.
>
> As I'm working on code, I notice some missing documentation for a bit
> that is otherwise finished. Once I finish my new work, I now have two
> tasks I want to record separately: The added documentation and the new
> code.
>
> It would be nice if darcs allowed me to call 'record' one, and end up
> with multiple patches.

I've often wanted to do the same myself, but I suspect that this sort
of feature is pushing the bounds of what can comfortably be done with
a text interface.

Darcs seems to be seeing a fairly healthy uptake these days, so I'm
sure it won't be too long before someone starts work on a GUI, where
this stuff might feel more at home. Likewise the ability to break
hunks apart and record the pieces to different patches.

-- Jamie Webb