[darcs-users] idea: darcs record multi-patch mode

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sat Mar 12 16:15:26 UTC 2005

On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 02:54:35PM +0000, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> It would be nice if darcs allowed me to call 'record' one, and end up
> with multiple patches.
>
> Here's a 'screenshot' of what I think it could look like. I've made it
> part of the standard process in this example. However, it could easily
> be optional by using a new flag like "p for patch name" to enter the
> mode:

Whats wrong with recording one patch at a time, doing a record 3 times and
saying only 'y' to the relevant hunks for the patch you are actually
recording?
I'm inclined to say Keep It Stupidly Simple (KISS :)!

See, I'm pretty sure if you actually had a system like you propose then
you'd quickly get annoyed by the cumbersome interface and remove the
feature again :)

--
Thomas Zander