[darcs-users] Re: idea: darcs record multi-patch mode

Peter Hercek peter at syncad.com
Sat Mar 12 18:30:03 UTC 2005

Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 02:54:35PM +0000, Mark Stosberg wrote:
>

> See, I'm pretty sure if you actually had a system like you propose then
> you'd quickly get annoyed by the cumbersome interface and remove the
> feature again :)

I don't what to advocate one way ot the other, but the interface
  does not get more cumbersome by adding this feature.
You are still getting the same amount of questions when you are
  recording the a new patch. Just decide a letter to mean a new
  patch and print out the patch list with their names only
  when you have more than one patch being recorded.
The default (only one patch at a time) case could have the same
  level of verbosity.
I would care more if this does not make code more complicated.

Peter.