[darcs-users] Warning before adding huge file?

Andrew Wagner awagner at uiuc.edu
Sun Mar 13 17:36:14 UTC 2005

Thanks, for the info David!   I just assumed binaries would be kept in
their original form, and the primary overhead would just be the extra
copies of the data (which is already very significant in most
circumstances).  But doing it this way does at least give the user the
benefit that if they modify a portion of a binary file, the patch will
only contain that portion, yes?

I understand this not being a huge priority, reason I asked is that my
previous svn work flow handled large binary files and source code
pretty much equally well.  (we left svn for other reasons; if svn
repositories weren't so easy to break we'd probably be using it for
everything.)

Jamie-  Thanks for the tip off to Unison; I'll try it out.

Sean-  We are storing images in our revision system because we do
computer vision research and use revision control both for storing our
code, our source data, our results, and our papers as we write them and
prepare them for publication.