[darcs-users] Warning before adding huge file?

Andrew Cowie andrew at operationaldynamics.com
Mon Mar 14 04:31:53 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-13-03 at 08:39 -0500, David Roundy wrote:
> Darcs isn't very efficient in its handling of binary files...
> It probably isn't too hard to optimize, but hasn't ever been a
> real priority.

All I would add is that in our experience, we've seen many instances of
binaries stored under version control - specifically the images that are
part of websites/e-commerce platforms, and of course the images that are
the pixmaps in GUI applications - two common cases of things needing
version control.

As such, any improvements to binary handling are always quite welcome
should you have occasion to consider doing so.

AfC
Sydney

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie
Management Consultant

Technology strategy, managing change, establishing procedures,
and executing successful upgrades to mission critical business
infrastructure.

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/

Sydney   New York   Toronto   London