[darcs-users] Warning before adding huge file?

Andrew Cowie andrew at operationaldynamics.com
Mon Mar 14 04:27:48 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-13-03 at 13:35 +0000, Jamie Webb wrote:
> If you only need synchronisation and not versioning, I suspect you
> would be much better off with Unison.

I use unison daily+ to sync between my desktop and laptop. I have Email
+Gaim+RSS reader, my sources+code, my Documents archive, and my web
sites each set up as individual sync profiles which presents just the
right level of granularity - and without mucking about committing
revisions to a VCS [I used subversion for that for a while, what a pain]

Unison is really rather smart - but I must say that it is mildly
frustrating to use in that it is the only (GUI) application I use that
still uses gtk1 - it hasn't been (and won't be) ported to gtk2, which is
a shame.

AfC
Sydney

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie
Management Consultant

Technology strategy, managing change, establishing procedures,
and executing successful upgrades to mission critical business
infrastructure.

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/

Sydney   New York   Toronto   London