[darcs-users] speeding up darcs pull / docs for 'pull', 'tag' and 'optimize'

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Mon Mar 14 15:06:02 UTC 2005

Hello,

I 'pull' I do over ssh is getting slower, which I think is due to the
size of the history.

I checked the docs for 'pull',  'tag', and 'optimize', and none of them
addressed this case, although I suspect there is a standard solution.
Both 'tag' and 'optimize' refer to checkpoints as being primarily useful
with running 'get --partial' or 'check --partial'.

My suspicion is that there is some missing documentation on how to use
tags to improve the performance of pull. So if someone can explain
what's missing, I could see about working into the documentation, unless
you want to do that directly as well. :)

    Mark