[darcs-users] Re: New To Darcs

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Tue Mar 15 01:10:27 UTC 2005

On 2005-03-14, Chayim I. Kirshen <chayim at gnupower.net> wrote:

> 1. How can I run post commit triggers?  I want to send the patch absorbed
> by the repo to a list of acceptable users.  We're sharing our repo on a
> webdav disk that's using apache's htaccess, so authorized users can push
> or pull, but we all want to see the changes.

Use one of the RSS solutions or a wrapper script. Search the archives
and bug tracking system for 'hooks' for details.

> 3. When doing a darcs remove <file> and then submitting, if someone else
> pulls does the file still exist in the revision control log?  I realize
> that the file gets removed from other clients (as it should!), but I
> wanted to know if we'll still be able to go back to the version that had
> that file present (like bk).

If you use 'unpull' on the removal patch, the file will re-appear.
I suppose you could 'rollback' as well.

> 4. Can darcs assign it's own changeset name rather than me?  It makes more
> sense for the system to use a cset number (and possible renumber if
> necessary) than for a user to use a name, at least in my mind.

I find the human generated names are very human friendly. :) Darcs does
not generate patch names for you, but I suppose if you wanted to, you
could script such that patch names used were generated from somewhere
else. I haven't heard of anyone doing that so far.

> 5. How can I get the list of tags?

This answer is in the documentation for 'darcs tag':

 darcs changes | grep tagged

It's not fancy, but it works. :)

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/