[darcs-users] should new 'put' command work outside of a repo?

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Tue Mar 15 01:21:47 UTC 2005

I expected to be able to use the 'put' command to copy
one repo to another without being inside either.

This would be symmetric to how 'get' works:

darcs get src target

However, 'put' fails when I try this:

> $ ./darcs-unstable/darcs put tmp1 tmp2
>
> darcs failed:  Unable to "darcs put" here.
>
> You need to be in a repository directory to run this command.

Of course, if it would actually be /identical/ to get
in the two argument case if this worked.

Still, it would feel more correct to make them symmetric in this way.
What do others think?

    Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/