[darcs-users] argh. please change the name "unpull"

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Thu Mar 17 19:07:28 UTC 2005

I just spent 5 minutes talking past my boss about unpulling a patch.
He wanted to know, if I was unpulling the patch from the server, where
was I unpulling it from?  I kept trying to explain that I was going to
ssh into the server to do this operation.  Finally I realized why he
was confused.  I said "The thing is, this operation shouldn't be named
'unpull'.  It should be named 'erase'.".  There was a couple of seconds
of silence.  "Oh.", he said.

So please change the name and let all future programmers save 5 minutes
of their time explaining to their co-workers that "unpull" doesn't
involve two different repos the way "pull" does.

--Z