[darcs-users] argh. please change the name "unpull"

Lele Gaifax lele at nautilus.homeip.net
Thu Mar 17 22:10:32 UTC 2005

    Thomas> I certainly believe we should optimise for the finding of
    Thomas> the right command first.  And UnPull being the opposite of
    Thomas> Pull in actual usage makes me feel it really is the best
    Thomas> name.  Erase is not what I would pick from a list of items
    Thomas> if I wanted to undo a pull action.

OTOH, pull is not the only way to have a patch, in darcs. I may want
to "forget" a patch I recorded some time ago, because a newer and
better patch comes to replace it. I could even dream about a new patch
kind, so that I could spread the forget operation to a wider audience,
and having the mentioned patch actually removed (not rollback) from
any repository you push it...

ciao, lele.
--
nickname: Lele Gaifax	| Quando vivrò di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas	| comincerò ad aver paura di chi mi copia.