[darcs-users] Re: argh. please change the name "unpull"

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Fri Mar 18 00:03:19 UTC 2005

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 00:50:39 +0100, Tommy Pettersson wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 11:02:46PM +0000, Jamie Webb wrote:
> > AOL, I think, as an improvement on unpull, but I do wonder if
> > something more dramatic and scary sounding might be an idea, since you
> > can lose data. Destroy; eradicate; annihilate... sounds corny, but
> > quite unequivocal.
>
> 'Annihilate' will have too long prefix in common with
> 'annotate' (which probably also could be better named),
> hmm... 'obliterate' won't.  :-)

These seem to imply a globality. While it is a technical
impossibility and should be known as such, if you 'destroy' or
'annihilate' or 'obliterate' a patch, it sounds like you are
completely removing every trace. I think this concept only works in
central VCSs.

 /\  kung foo master: *shu*rik*en*sh*u*rik*en*s*hur*i*ke*n*: neeyah!!!!