[darcs-users] Re: argh. please change the name "unpull"

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Mar 18 07:26:48 UTC 2005

Hi guys!

I just read through this thread and:

- I am a darcs n00b which is good in this respect. :)

- "unapply" sounds like it will somehow only affect the file tree (given
a n00b that easily thinks of the filetree instead of that list of
patches). This is also a problem with "apply" since it leads a n00b to
thinking in regular terms - with old tools you also "apply" a good ol
patch, but that doesn't "add" the patch or anything, it just "applies"
it. I know these arguments are based on misconceptions of the n00b, but
I think they are still valid.

- That leaves "erase", "forget" and "discard" of those I read.

Of these three "forget" seems a bit vague to me and doesn't necessarily
imply that stuff is indeed deleted. I think I would prefer "discard" or
"delete", both those imply clearly that, hey, things are getting toasted
here. :)

regards, Göran