[darcs-users] Can I disable \xx quoting in record --interactive?

Junio C Hamano junkio at cox.net
Sun Mar 20 01:42:59 UTC 2005

Is there a way to disable hexadecimal \xx quoting when "darcs
record" shows each hunk for selection?  Some files I maintain
in my darcs repository are in EUC-JP encoding, which contains
bytes with high-bit set.  Unfortunately "darcs record" shows
them quoted with \xx hexadecimal, which makes the hunk being
displayed unreadable and completely misses the point of "show
the hunk and let the user decide if it needs to be recorded."