[darcs-users] should 'changes' be renamed 'log'? (was: Re: SchwernLikesDarcs SchwernHatesDarcs)

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sun Mar 20 09:13:43 UTC 2005

On Sunday 20 March 2005 08:59, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> > I find 'changes' more descriptive. Consider that both commands
> > approximate a 'changelog',
>
> Stop a moment.  From the subject you've assumed that its EITHER changes
> OR log.  Why not both?

If you followed this list a bit longer you would have seen me (and others)
state that aliases are a big no-no for a workflow (or task) based UI like
Darcs uses.
We want to keep the amount of commands to a minimum to make people
comfortable to look through the list and find the command he likes and
adding aliases there is thus counter productive.

This is the short version, naturally;  the long version would add
learnability (aka fear of learning) threory and stuff like "KISS" to the
conversation.  But those you'll have to look up in the archives :)
--
Thomas Zander