[darcs-users] should we support .darcs too? (was: Re: SchwernLikesDarcs SchwernHatesDarcs)

Julian Snitow jsnitow at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 11:17:01 UTC 2005

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 23:47:09 -0800, Michael G Schwern <schwern at pobox.com> wrote:
> For the record I didn't want to crack open this issue on list just yet,
> its semi-religious, likely to generate a lot of noise and there are much
> more important issues to discuss first before I lose all credibility.
> I'm still mulling over if _darcs really is a problem and if .darcs would
> actually solve anything.

I like being able to type a default `ls' and immediately see that a
directory is also a darcs repository, without having to muck around
with my shell's settings. Seeing _darcs is a friendly reminder that
says, "I am your own personal branch of project FOO, not some puny
distribution directory!"

Julian