[darcs-users] Re: the readability of darcs native change format (was: Re: SchwernLikesDarcs SchwernHatesDarcs)

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Sun Mar 20 15:04:35 UTC 2005

On 2005-03-20, Michael G Schwern <schwern at pobox.com> wrote:

> I'm probably just missing the switch but I don't see any "darcs record"
> option that would change its patch display format.

I don't think you are, but I agree it's a reasonable option for 'record'
to show more context if people want it, especially because it can be
done without modifying how patches are stored in the repo.

There was related update recently which make 'darcs diff' become
reasonably fast when looking at specific files. So naively, it seems
fairly easy to me to 'plug that in' to the record interface. :)

The interface should be simple enough: Add -u/--unified to record.
There is a already a built-in mechanism to set options as defaults.

It sounds worthy of a Wishlist report to me. :)

    Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/