[darcs-users] Re: Can I disable \xx quoting in record --interactive?

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Sun Mar 20 18:56:53 UTC 2005

Hi Junio,

> But the point is that the topic is about "darcs record", where the
> interactive command is used to pick hunks from *my* own changes, not
> "darcs apply" where I have to pick hunks from others.

Given the correct file permissions, can I not cd to someone elses's repo
and run `darcs record' successfully?  In which case darcs would need to
check that all the changes were to things that could only have been
altered by me according to their permissions.  And that's using their
permissions at the point of `darcs record', but they may have been
different in the past when somebody did something nasty.

It seems the right fix is for darcs to know what's safe to display.
That's what other, e.g. email, clients do.

Cheers,

Ralph.