[darcs-users] easier-to-read output from "darcs annotate"

Kannan Goundan cakoose at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 00:07:56 UTC 2005

I've attached a Python script that converts Darcs' annotation output
into an easier-to-read format.  It basically creates short nicknames
for patches and then dumps output similar to SVN blame.  Thought it
might be useful for people who want to mess around with the output
format before coding it up in Haskell.

Though you could just use sequential numbers for the nickname (as
discussed on darcs-users), you could also come up with better
nicknames.  Currently, it just pastes together a couple of tokens
from the patch author string.  It would be really cool if someone
took the time to code up a magical nickname-making-function (i.e. one
that assigns names just as a human would).

- Kannan