[darcs-users] should 'changes' be renamed 'log'? (was: Re: SchwernLikesDarcs SchwernHatesDarcs)

Karel Gardas kgardas at objectsecurity.com
Mon Mar 21 15:21:01 UTC 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Albert Reiner wrote:

> [Karel Gardas <kgardas at objectsecurity.com>, Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:10:11 +0100 (CET)]:
> > I think the best solution here, is tune `Switching from CVS' manual. I
> > hope every user comming to darcs is able to read simple table and perhaps
> > stick it somewhere for the command reference.
>
> Or add something to the output of `darcs help`:
>
> ,----
> | Use 'darcs --extended-help' for more detailed help.
> | Use 'darcs COMMAND --help' for help on a single command.
> | Use 'darcs --version' to see the darcs version number.
> | Use 'darcs --exact-version' to get the exact version of this darcs instance.
> `----
>
> Why not just add
>
>   Use 'darcs --cvs-help' for help on switching from CVS.
>
> etc.?

Why do you think manual update is not enough? Following your
recommendation, darcs should also add:

Use 'darcs --svn-help' for help on switching from SVN.
Use 'darcs --tla-help' for help on switching from Arch(Tla).
Use 'darcs --baz-help' for help on switching from Bazaar.
Use 'darcs --bk-help' for help on switching from BitKeeper(TM).
Use 'darcs --mon-help' for help on switching from Monotone.

etc. IMHO something like that really belongs to manual.

Cheers,
Karel
Karel Gardas                  kgardas at objectsecurity.com