[darcs-users] should 'changes' be renamed 'log'? (was: Re: SchwernLikesDarcs SchwernHatesDarcs)

Albert Reiner areiner at tph.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Mar 21 15:49:04 UTC 2005

[Karel Gardas <kgardas at objectsecurity.com>, Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:21:01 +0100 (CET)]:
> Why do you think manual update is not enough? Following your
> recommendation, darcs should also add:
>
> Use 'darcs --svn-help' for help on switching from SVN.
> Use 'darcs --tla-help' for help on switching from Arch(Tla).
> Use 'darcs --baz-help' for help on switching from Bazaar.
> Use 'darcs --bk-help' for help on switching from BitKeeper(TM).
> Use 'darcs --mon-help' for help on switching from Monotone.
>
> etc. IMHO something like that really belongs to manual.

Fine with me.  But I don't really think that the documentation is the
problem - it is simply that some people don't bother to read the
manual and complain when they don't find what they expect.

Maybe the following would be sufficient:

  Use the manual for help on switching from some other system.

But if there is no visually distinctive CVS or SVN etc. those who
don't read things are likely to miss that just as well.

Albert.