[darcs-users] 5 Year Old Bull in a China Shop

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Mon Mar 21 16:14:56 UTC 2005

I'm not a darcs developer (though I'm a champion bug reporter), but as
a user who has a stake in darcs's continued evolution, I must say that
I'm glad to have Michael Schwern doing his bull-in-the-china-shop act.

Darcs greatest strength is its remarkable ease of use.  This is partly
due to the deep magic which allows users to do things that they
naturally want to do -- things that other revision control systems
can't do, like cherry-picking, unpull and amend-record, and in general
hassle-free decentralized development.

But it is also due to David's creative and effective user interface
design.

This is already darcs greatest strength, but it can do better, and it
must do better if it wants to retain the same ease of use when crossing
over from early adopter hackers to a wider user base.

Regards,

Zooko