[darcs-users] Why Bitkeeper still wins

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Mon Mar 21 23:17:58 UTC 2005

>> > and bazaar-ng (www.bazaar-ng.org).

>> It was my understanding that it's just Arch without the silly naming
>> conventions.

> Wrong.

> Bazaar is a tla-fork to make it better to use.
> Bazaar-ng is a totally new project. Has nothing to do with arch/tla at
> all.

I am aware that Bazaar-ng is a complete rewrite in that other language
with indentation-sensitive syntax.  However, I understand it is to a
great extent merely a rewrite.

(The above is not a criticism -- there's nothing wrong with rewriting
software, quite the opposite.  I'm eagerly waiting for that reimple-
mentation of Darcs in Java that was promised on this list a few months
ago.)

If there are any good ideas in Bazaar-ng that are not already present
in Arch, please let us know (especially if you think they are worth
steal^Wlearning from).

                                        Juliusz