[darcs-users] Re: darcs annotate format obscures the code

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Tue Mar 22 18:28:24 UTC 2005

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 03:53:31PM -0500, John S. Yates, Jr. wrote:
> I believe that order of integration is the crucial factor in
> tracking down history.  Order of authoring is a red herring.

I agree with this.  "My" history is the order in which I
integrate patches in "my" repo.  That's what I remember when
I think of patches from "yesterday" or "last week".

Some thing I wish for is a command to reorder patches so that
some interesting ones (e.g., selected with --matches) are moved
last in line (as far as dependencies allow).  When I work an a
feature in a separate repo for a long time, I want to merge in
work from main line now and then and amend my patches before
any conflicts with main line get too complicated.  When I do
so, "my" patches are mixed with those I pull, and I would
like to bring them to the top of the darcs changes output.
I don't know if this has any relevance to annotate, I just
came to think of it.