[darcs-users] rollback & revert

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Tue Mar 22 18:52:07 UTC 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 12:48:22PM +0100, Alexei Matveev wrote:
> What is the best way to
>     "rollback" both repo state AND working copy state.
> As far as I understand
>     rollback
> leaves the working copy in a "modified" state,
> so that one need to
>     revert,
> but only newly appeared "local changes" due
> to rollback.

I don't think there is any easier way to do this, but I almost
never use rollback, so I haven't needed to come up with one.

> Another question: what is the best way
> to generate "diff -u" representation of
> patches? (to propagate to the master CVS).

darcs diff takes many options, for example:

  darcs diff --from-tag r1.0 --to-patch myfix
  darcs diff --patch myfix

I usually make a branch at some well defined version and tag it
'old'.  Then I pull in the patches I want in the diff and do

  darcs diff --from-tag old