[darcs-users] Re: Why Bitkeeper still wins

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Wed Mar 23 02:58:40 UTC 2005

On 2005-03-22, David Brown <darcs at davidb.org> wrote:
>>> and bazaar-ng ( http://www.bazaar-ng.org ).
>>
>> It was my understanding that it's just Arch without the silly naming
>> conventions.
>
> That's bazaar.  Bazaar-ng is completely new code, all written in python.

And they are following darcs some:
 http://www.bazaar-ng.org/doc/darcs.html

They includes some darcs-like features, including:
  - one top level .bzr directory
  - 'pull'
  - 'send'

It does seem to do things a little oddly. though. In the 'merge'
command:
 http://www.bazaar-ng.org/doc/cmdref.html#merge

"Merge changes in from another branch, and leave them uncommitted in this tree";

"Before a merge is committed, it may be reversed with the revert command." (huh?)

The darcs workflow makes more sense to me here: pull is interactive in
the first place, and you can unpull/unapply/drop patches later if you
don't want them.

It will be an interesting project to watch.

    Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/