[darcs-users] Re: Repo Knowledge Management

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Wed Mar 23 03:42:17 UTC 2005

On 2005-03-22, Max Battcher <me at worldmaker.net> wrote:

> - Branch management: Why not use an email list as the primary patch
> distribution system?  Instead of just failed patches bouncing to the
> list, all patches would hit the darcs-devel list and users (with
> appropriate mail client plug-ins) could browse through their email and
> push patches from their mailbox directly to their own copy of the repo
> from their MUA.

I believe there is a recipe in the manual for doing something like this
from Mutt.

This is complicated by people using many different mail clients. And
there's people like me, whose MUA and repos are on different machines,
meaning I would need to use something like shared SSH keys, and having
an interactive interface to darcs remotely would be hard.

> * Bug Tracker - Similar to the forum...  why not post patches directly
> to RT/Bugzilla/whatever and keep track of the RKM in a modified one of
> these?

See my suggestion for better integration with RT:
http://bugs.darcs.net//Ticket/Display.html?id=294

> * Project Manager - Similar plug-in for a Project Tracking application
> like MS Project?

Darcs has already been integrated with 'trac', a project tracking
application:
http://lists.edgewall.com/archive/trac/2005-February/002041.html

    Mark

--