[darcs-users] Re: testing patches that change the test pref

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Wed Mar 23 03:46:04 UTC 2005

On 2005-03-23, Phil Frost <indigo at bitglue.com> wrote:

> I am wondering what darcs does when testing patches which change the test pref.
> I have such a patch here, and it seems to be failing because it is using the
> test command prior to applying the patch. If I run 'darcs check --test' in a
> repo with the patch already applied it passes.
>
> This in not the behaviour I'd expect, because it makes it impossible for many
> patches that change the test framework to pass the tests. Is this a bug or a
> feature?

The basic issue here is that you had a testing preference that was broken.
So of course it's always going to fail.

Just use "--no-test" to record the patch that fixes it and move on.

I think to change the current behavior would involve too much guessing
about what is known to be broken and working about your repo.

    Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/