[darcs-users] Adding triggers to calculate activity statistics

Julian Snitow jsnitow at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 02:10:48 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 01:13:47 +0100, Mariusz Gniazdowski <refuse at wp.pl> wrote:
> Hi.
> Did anyone tryied to add trigger to 'darcs record' that would examine patches (their size etc) and store obtained information into database so that external tool can draw some charts, calculate percentage activity statistics like on sf.net ?
>
> Any tips how to do it? Some finished scripts maybe :)
>
> It would be extra cool to calculate 'energy expense' of developer. (my english is poor so following description may be unclear): scientists tryied to found formulas that describe how complicated is the code, how much work it needed to be created, etc. For example: the more variables and operators are used, the more attention is needed from developer.

I think this assumption would vary from language to language, and
tasks like parsing $LANGUAGE_OF_CHOICE should probably belong to
outside tools.

But it is a neat idea, and it might indeed be neat if darcs could add
some useful, language-neutral activity statistics to the mix, although
outside tools could also take up the slack.

Julian