[darcs-users] Re: testing patches that change the test pref

Phil Frost indigo at bitglue.com
Wed Mar 23 17:58:31 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 05:00:17PM +0000, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> Ok, now that makes it sound like a bug in darcs. What do people think
> about this solution:
>
>  Have darcs immediately record any setpref, so it becomes it own
>  transaction, like 'darcs tag' works? When this is done, the
>  test suite should not be run.
>
> Then your process could be:
>  - run atomic darcs setpref
>  - commit patch that passes with new setpref.
>
> Until then, I guess the workaround is to put your setpref and other
> other updates into two different patches, and use the --no-test option
> appropriately in the transition.
>
>     Mark

No, because the changes I made to my testing framework and the change in
the test pref are an atomic change. One is not valid without the other.
I think the solution is that when testing a patch set, obtain the test
command from the result of applying the patch set, not from the current
(unpatched) repo.