[darcs-users] Re: testing patches that change the test pref

Peter Hercek peter at syncad.com
Wed Mar 23 20:12:56 UTC 2005

Phil Frost wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 05:00:17PM +0000, Mark Stosberg wrote:
>
> No, because the changes I made to my testing framework and the change in
> the test pref are an atomic change. One is not valid without the other.
> I think the solution is that when testing a patch set, obtain the test
> command from the result of applying the patch set, not from the current
> (unpatched) repo.

Well this may be a missing feature. AFAIK preferences and tags are not
  fully versioned. I'm not sure whether it means that the repository does
  not keep history of preferences. If yes it would be unfortunate and your
  request is a bit bigger :) But I agree that it should be as you've written.

It would be fine if sombeody can explain what does it mean that preferences
  are not fully versioned.