[darcs-users] Re: Darcs and a single developer working on multiple workstations

Steven E. Harris seh at panix.com
Thu Mar 24 02:08:18 UTC 2005

Aaron Denney <wnoise at ofb.net> writes:

> What else should it do?  Be it's own SMTP client?

If it's not willing to be an SMTP client, it should simply prepare an
attachment bundle and be done with it.

When feeling motivated, I could write an ELisp function to drive Gnus
to set up a message and attach whatever file darcs prepares.

> It's not like it does that on Unix; instead it just invokes
> /usr/sbin/sendmail.

I run an MTA (exim) on my system, and all of my mail preferred clients
are configured to talk directly to it. None of these mail clients are
MAPI-aware.¹ Clearly I can take of my e-mail needs, but darcs acts
like it knows better than I do how to do so.

Footnotes:
¹ Yes, Outlook is running at work, but not by choice.

--
Steven E. Harris