[darcs-users] Re: Darcs and a single developer working on multiple workstations

Aaron Denney wnoise at ofb.net
Thu Mar 24 02:16:35 UTC 2005

On 2005-03-24, Steven E. Harris <seh at panix.com> wrote:
> Aaron Denney <wnoise at ofb.net> writes:
>
>> What else should it do?  Be it's own SMTP client?
>
> If it's not willing to be an SMTP client, it should simply prepare an
> attachment bundle and be done with it.

It has an option do that.

Yes, SMTP is the most widespread way to send e-mail, but it's not the
only way.  Should darcs also handle UUCP?  Darcs is not a general
purpose mail client, nor should it pretend to be one.  I like the fact
that it uses an external program -- its mail handling is much more
customizable due to this "pluggable" nature.

--
Aaron Denney
-><-