[darcs-users] Re: Darcs and a single developer working on multiple workstations

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Thu Mar 24 06:10:53 UTC 2005

On Mar 23, 2005, at 19:06, Aaron Denney wrote:

> connected systems, etc.  Properly implementing a ful-blown SMTP client
> isn't trivial, and requires more than just speaking SMTP -- we also
> need
> a DNS client to lookup MXs, an option to retry the other servers when
> one is down, a queueing mechanism so that the user can get back to work
> rather than waiting for that shell to become available, etc.  Calling
> sendmail (whether it's implemented via qmail, postfix, or exim, it's
> the
> standard interface) gets us all of that and more, for free.

	In my case, it involves knowing to send the message over to the local
mail relay who will send it to the correct location.  The local mail
relay often needs to be authenticated via TLS or at the very least
using one of the digest mechanisms (because I use it from the road).

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin at spy.net>