[darcs-users] Darcs and a single developer working on multiple workstations

Andrew Cowie andrew at operationaldynamics.com
Thu Mar 24 12:34:23 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-22-03 at 11:12 -0300, Marcus Brito wrote:
> What would be the best setup for a single developer working on a
> project, on multiple workstations?

Someone a few days ago mentioned Unison, but not in this thread.

I took a deep breath and after I switched to Darcs I tried Unison to
sync both my development repo (~/workspace/XmlSequence, where I work in
Eclipse), and my local "master" repo (~/src/andrew/xseq, the one I push
to locally, as recommended by the Darcs wiki somewhere, rather than only
pushing direct to my public repo on a remote server) from desktop to
laptop.

It's been working great.

No having to commit artificially. And the recorded and pushed patches
are all in the right places on both machines.

AfC
Sydney

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie
Management Consultant

Technology strategy, managing change, establishing procedures,
and executing successful upgrades to mission critical business
infrastructure.

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/

Sydney   New York   Toronto   London