[darcs-users] Re: Is `X-Mail-Originator: Darcs Version Control System' presented when sending from Windows?

Max Battcher me at worldmaker.net
Wed Mar 30 21:15:22 UTC 2005

Karel Gardas wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Peter Hercek wrote:
>

>>OK, looks like I cannot really check it :(
>>
>>MAPIResolveName could not resolve 'peter at syncad.com'
>>darcs failed:  failed to send mail to: peter at syncad.com
>>
>>If I try a name instead of email address it is not really different:
>>
>>MAPIResolveName could not resolve 'peter at syncad.com'
>>darcs failed:  failed to send mail to: Peter Hercek
>>
>>Any ideas?
>

> I'm just Unix user, but looks like sending emails from your Windows box is
> not properly setuped, i.e. MAPI is not configured well.

I get the same problem.  There is only one "real" MAPI client in
Windows, Outlook/Exchange, and every thing else supports things more or
less as best they can.  Thunderbird, my current email client of choice
apparently supports the bare minimum and not much more.

--
--Max Battcher--
http://www.worldmaker.net/