[darcs-users] Re: .darcs is portable

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Thu Mar 31 04:51:25 UTC 2005

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 03:25:07AM +0000, Csaba Henk wrote:
> > * I've never forgotten that a directory is under version control, so I don't
> >   think having "_darcs" in the file listing to remind me is a real use case.
>
> Your mileage may vary. I can imagine that if there are multiple versions
> (copies) of the dir, then I'd get confused.

Yes, its nice that darcs puts everything ONE directory instead of one in
each directory.

> Also that I remember wanting
> to put a dir under version control, but then I forget actually doing
> so... Well, it's really up to one's character.

You might forget but darcs won't blow over it...

0 ~/tmp$ darcs init
0 ~/tmp$ darcs init

darcs failed:  Unable to "darcs initialize" here.

Ok, so the error message isn't terribly informative but that's fixable.
(RT 303)