[darcs-users] bookmarks

Max Battcher me at worldmaker.net
Thu Mar 31 06:31:15 UTC 2005

Csaba Henk wrote:
> So, what do you think of supporting a lightweight, non-constraining form
> of archive registry, namely bookmarks?

I wrote a long post where I talked about this sort of thing.  IMO, this
really is something that doesn't need to be in darcs because it is a
knowledge problem more than a source control problem.

Basically, there are a number of ways to do this, based on your work
flow and protocols of choice.  There are a number of tools you could use
to do this outside of darcs (like the recently mentioned environment
variables), and if you couldn't find one you liked you could write your own.

Darcs does have two tools you might find useful, though: 1) darcs keeps
track of the last repo used and will automatically use it if one is not
specified when using push/pull/send, and 2) darcs keeps a list of all
the repos pushed, pulled, or sent to.  The storage of the information is
in _darcs/prefs/.  The second one is used by the shell tab-completion
scripts you can find for darcs.

--
--Max Battcher--
http://www.worldmaker.net/