[darcs-users] Re: bookmarks

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Thu Mar 31 23:56:54 UTC 2005

On 2005-03-31, Max Battcher <me at worldmaker.net> wrote:
> Csaba Henk wrote:

>>>I wrote a long post where I talked about this sort of thing.  IMO, this
>>>really is something that doesn't need to be in darcs because it is a
>>>knowledge problem more than a source control problem.
>>
>> Hm. The interface of darcs is a problem of darcs itself, imho. Not the
>> central problem, but an inevitable one (just like with any piece of
>> software).
>
> A bookmarks system would only clutter darcs' interface in my opinion.  I
> don't see it as a necessity to the basic interface.

I agree. I think people rarely care about because, at least for me,
darcs has 90% of what I want by 'bookmarking' a single default repo.
In almost every case, I'm transferring back and forth from the same
repos.

I like the idea of using a shell variable for the last 10 percent. It
seems like a natural fit. In my opinion, people would be better off to
realize how many different things they can easily make shortcuts for in
their shell.

    Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/