[darcs-users] Branch names?

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at digitaldistribution.com
Sun May 1 19:25:05 UTC 2005

Hello,

I hope someone here might clarify something for me. I've been comparing
Monotone and Darcs. Monotone has "branch names":

http://www.venge.net/monotone/docs/Branches.html#Branches

You know, things like net.sourceforge.myproject. It suggests that this
cumbersome notation is necessary for a distributed project. But it Darcs
doesn't seem to have any such need, in spite of being just as
distributed as Monotone.

I was hoping that someone could clarify why Monotone needs those branch
names and how Darcs manages to circumvent that need.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Daniel.