[darcs-users] Branch names?

Max Battcher me at worldmaker.net
Sun May 1 20:32:47 UTC 2005

Daniel Carrera wrote:
> I was hoping that someone could clarify why Monotone needs those branch
> names and how Darcs manages to circumvent that need.

Partly Darcs just assumes that a URL is going to be human readable
enough to describe a branch equally well for both people and itself.

Isn't

http://project.sourceforge.net/repos/stable

Just as easy to figure out as

net.sourceforge.project.stable

?

...and the clear benefit is that the URL doesn't need any conversion
utility (it uses the standard protocols and DNS resolution of the Internet).

--
--Max Battcher--
http://www.worldmaker.net/