[darcs-users] Re: thttpd and darcs.cgi

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Mon May 2 01:31:20 UTC 2005

On 2005-04-27, Miguel Bazdresch <miguel at thewizardstower.org> wrote:

> To try to figure out the problem, I did:
>
> $ cd ~/web/cgi-bin/
> $ export PATH_INFO=/repo1
> $ export QUERY_STRING=c=annotate
> $ ./darcs.cgi
>
> The relevant part of the output is (I think):

> which looks fine except for the mysterious dot at the start of the path.
> I assume it means "current directory" and should be translated to
> "cgi-bin".

You are are on a good track to figure out who is at fault for this
problem. However, you haven't completely reproduce a valid CGI
environment.

Look at all the environment variable that Apache sees, and make sure
they are set for thttpd test as well.

Here's the related spec:
http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/cgi/env.html

To see the environment variables that Apache sees, see their
'printenv' program, or try this (untested) perl script:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use CGI;
my $q = CGI->new();
print $q->header('text/plain');