[darcs-users] Re: [Haskell-cafe] fptools in darcs now available

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at digitaldistribution.com
Mon May 2 05:18:45 UTC 2005

Sven Panne wrote:

>>> So my question in a nutshell: Why shall we move away from the
>>> mainstream
>>> when the rest of the world (or most of) is quite happy with CVS or is
>>> moving to subversion?
>>
>> Do you have evidence for your presupposition?
>
> Yes, I have tons of empirical evidence: There are many projects which are
> much larger than fptools (like KDE or GNOME, all the GNU stuff on
> Savannah)
> which exclusively use CVS,

Consider that this might change as the alternatives to CVS become more
mature. You may be interested in this thread at OpenOffice.org :

http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=13569

In brief, there is a desire to, at some point in the future, move away
from CVS to something more convenient. Indeed, this is what led me to
the Darcs mailing list. I was trying to become informed about the
alternatives.

Cheers,
Daniel.