[darcs-users] Re: arch2darcs and missingh

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Mon May 2 21:05:04 UTC 2005

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 04:45:53PM -0400, Page, Bill wrote:
> John,
>
> Thanks for posting the new code. We are making progress.
> Using MissingH 0.10.9 from http://quux.org/devel/missingh
> the build gets further than before but then stops at:
>
> Compiling MissingH.Cmd     ( ./MissingH/Cmd.hs, dist/build/./MissingH/Cmd.o
> )

OK, edit that file and add this line after "import System.IO":

import System.IO.Error

> I guess these issues have to do with variations in the versions
> of Haskell?

Correct.  GHC 6.4 shipped a new version of the standard library that
changed a few things.

> Any suggestions for what I should do next? My objective of
> course is to get arc2darcs running on our server, but if you
> think this effort to build MissingH on ghc 6.4 is worth it,
> I am willing to continue to try. :)

I really appreciate if you can keep on building.  I hope this is the
last problem.  By the time you get to MissingH.Cmd, you've already built
about 80% of it, so keep those fingers crossed :-)

-- John