[darcs-users] Re: [Haskell-cafe] fptools in darcs now available

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Tue May 3 13:50:21 UTC 2005

On 2005-05-03, Manuel M T Chakravarty <chak at cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote:
> Sven Panne wrote:
> Maybe I am off the track here, but isn't the right question: Is Darcs
> sufficient for fptools?  If it is, the one reason to adopt it is because
> it is written in Haskell, and we like to promote Haskell.

I think it is.  To me, the *only* potential issue is performance, and
it's being worked on.

Don't forget the potential of some great benefits to both Darcs and
Haskell by having a little more collaboration between the two
communities.  Perhaps there are some Haskell language features that
could benefit Darcs.  And Darcs will make it easier for people to
contribute new code to Haskell.  Which, in the end, will also benefit
Darcs, too.

I just don't see a downside here.