[darcs-users] Re: [Haskell-cafe] fptools in darcs now available

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Tue May 3 17:35:05 UTC 2005

On 2005-05-03, Bennett Todd <bet at rahul.net> wrote:
> 2005-05-03T10:02:54 zooko:
>> In fact, darcs is the only Haskell program known to me which is
>> useful to people who aren't Haskell programmers.
>
> These cases have impressed me; in both of them, an individual
> programmer was able to go from a desire to implement something
> non-trivial to a working implementation in a scary short length of
> time, the result worked well enough to attract other developers,

Want a few more examples, from my own personal collection?

 * arch2darcs, first working version used ~100 lines of code

 * darcs-buildpackage, about half the size of tla-buildpackage,
   which was written in Python but otherwise very similar

   (And darcs-buildpackage was written when I had only a few months
    experience with Haskell, but tla-buildpackage after several years
    experience with Python)

There are more examples at http://www.haskell.org/practice.html.