[darcs-users] undoing...

Mark Lentczner markl at glyphic.com
Wed May 4 15:29:06 UTC 2005

Seems to me that there is a missing undo command.  Or rather, rollback
does too much:

When I want to "undo" a patch - what I want (I think) is to apply the
inverse patch to the working directory.  Then, when I "record" later, I
will have a patch that undoes a previous patch's changes (plus what
ever else I needed to do in the working copy to get the files
consistent).

I suppose something like
	darcs diff --unified --patch="foobar" | patch -p0

But I'm queasy about doing things with patch since one slip up and
everything gets mushed.

Seems that rollback does this but then goes ahead and records those
changes as a new patch.  I want the same thing without the record.
I'll do the record myself, possibly not taking all the "undoing" hunks.

I'm sorry if this has been covered here before -- I searched the list
w/Google and didn't find it.  In any event, this is the sort of thing
that should be in the Wiki.  I promise to add it when I understand what
to do!

	- Mark

Mark Lentczner
markl at wheatfarm.org