[darcs-users] tailor.py Failure getting upstream changes

Nathan Gray kolibrie at graystudios.org
Wed May 4 15:31:28 UTC 2005

I have set up a tailor.py hybrid (CVS and darcs) sync repository, which
I have been testing out over the past couple weeks.

I have been pulling down changes from CVS every couple days, and have
sync'ed from darcs to CVS two or three times.

Last week I started getting this error when attempting to pull from CVS:

  $ /var/projects/cvsync/tailor.py --dont-refill-changelogs --patch-name-format "%(firstlogline)s [%(revision)s]" -D -v --configfile=sync-down.tailor

  Updating 'Apache' from revision '2005-01-04 23:37:55 by trorabaugh'
  TZ=UTC cvs -f -d///var/sync/capad/perl/modules/ rlog -N -S -r:HEAD -d'2005-01-04 23:37:55 UTC<' Apache > /tmp/tailor5C2Urhcvs 2>&1  [Error 256]
  Failure getting upstream changes: 'cvs log' on '/var/sync/capad/perl/modules/Apache/.' returned status 256

Every CVS module I maintain with tailor.py gives the same error message.

When I go into /var/sync/capad/perl/modules/Apache and type 'cvs log', I
get logs.

No files in the CVS module Apache have changed in the last couple
months, from CVS nor darcs.

I was able to sync from darcs to CVS once last week, just after this
'Failure getting upstream changes' error started, but I need to update
from CVS before sync'ing more changes from darcs.

Any hints, workarounds, fixes, or solutions?

-kolibrie