[darcs-users] tailor adding subdirectory before parent directory

Lele Gaifax lele at nautilus.homeip.net
Fri May 6 15:50:20 UTC 2005

    Nathan> I ran into a problem while trying to sync an initial
    Nathan> import patch from darcs into CVS.  It looks like the
    Nathan> subdirectory 't' was added before the parent directory
    Nathan> 'MAPI2Message', so the 'cvs add' failed:

Uhm, that should not happen, of course... See
SyncronizableTargetWorkingDir._replayChangeset() in target.py: there
is the code that sort the directories and add them before the files. I
miss to understand your case...

    Nathan> How do I fix CVS, so that my 't' subdirectory and files
    Nathan> are added?  I want for tailor to not be confused about the
    Nathan> commit that did not come from itself.

Yes, that should work, but I'm not an expert in two-way setups :)

    Nathan> How does tailor specify the date, so that I can do that,
    Nathan> too?

Uhm, that does not work, for CVS. Currently, only Darcs and Monotone
lets you specify the date of the patch.

ciao, lele.
--
nickname: Lele Gaifax	| Quando vivrò di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas	| comincerò ad aver paura di chi mi copia.