[darcs-users] Account Review.Paypal Team identified some unusual activity in your account

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Tue May 10 10:21:55 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 10:17:57AM +0200, Ketil Malde wrote:
> Adrian Maier <adrian.maier at gmail.com> writes:
> > I'm suggesting that the mailing list admin(s) could simply block
> > all emails coming from security at paypal.com .
>
> Or block (i.e. moderate) all non-subscriber email - there's been a
> little spam lately.

All non-subscriber mail to darcs-devel is moderated, but I'd prefer to keep
darcs-users as open and friendly as possible.  On the other hand, spam is
annoying, and this is certainly the most effective way to weed it out.

Perhaps if we had volunteer moderators? The other issue is that I'd rather
not spend the time sorting between spam and nonspam myself (we've already
got spamassassin running and greylisting implemented, but they obviously
don't catch everything).
http://www.darcs.net